Recipe by Claudia Dawn
Simple, simple, simple and delicious, delicious, delicious. One of those inconspicuous side dishes that doesn't get the attention it deserves. A perfect accompaniment to any main dish.
Top Review by Madrid Tigers
This recipe is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!
1. You are suppose to boil water before adding rice and veggies.
2. It's not rice pilaf but its just rice with veggies.
3. The water to rice ratio is way high!!!! you should have the same amount of each.
All in all, this recipe is wrong and should not be used.
- 1 cup Minute Rice
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine rice, mixed vegetables, salt and water.
- Bring to a boil on high heat, then reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, heat 2 T butter and 1/2 C sliced almonds in a sauté pan. Turn frequently until almonds start to brown.
- Add almonds to rice mixture.