Recipe by byZula
This is similar to the rice at 'Joes Crab Shack'.
Top Review by Mari
This was great. The only thing I did differently was not use the butter just a drop of olive oil. Next time I make it I may use stock instead of water. I served this with Glazed Balsamic Chicken and steamed broccoli. Thanks!
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 1 1⁄3 cups rice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add rice, cover and cook until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Sautee celery, onion, peppers, and garlic in butter until tender. Stir sauteed vegetables into rice. Remove bay leaf before serving.