Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple and so tasty. Style your rice to go with your meal by adding an ingredient(s) to suit your taste, such as a little onion, mushrooms, almonds, diced carrots, red pepper, peas, salsa, veggie or beef broth.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup thin spaghetti
- 3⁄4 cup enriched rice (white)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (can use water)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Break spaghetti into 1/2-3/4-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Melt butter over a medium low heat in a medium size sauce pan.
- Brown spaghetti pieces and rice for about 4-5 minutes. Don't over brown!
- Add liquid, salt and pepper and bring to a full boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer until rice is done (15-18 minutes).
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
Great and easy rice pilaf! Turns out great every time!
I added mushrooms, onions and garlic to mine, and it was awesome! I will use this basic recipe often and then just add in other stuff that will go great with my main course. I can see changing up the poultry and trying steak, pork, ground beef or turkey etc. too. Lemon might be another thing to add to give it more flavor. The outcome is really up to you! This is headed right to my special file for safe keeping!
simple and tasty! I was surprised when this turned out really tasty! I plan to make it again.