Recipe by Southern Lady
Simple and so tasty. Style your rice to go with your meal by adding an ingredient(s) to suit your taste, such as a little onion, mushrooms, almonds, diced carrots, red pepper, peas, salsa, veggie or beef broth.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup thin spaghetti
- 3⁄4 cup enriched rice (white)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (can use water)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Break spaghetti into 1/2-3/4-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Melt butter over a medium low heat in a medium size sauce pan.
- Brown spaghetti pieces and rice for about 4-5 minutes. Don't over brown!
- Add liquid, salt and pepper and bring to a full boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer until rice is done (15-18 minutes).
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.