Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Hot side dish.
Make and share this Rice Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice
- 2 tablespoons low-fat margarine
- 3 cups water
- 3 teaspoons beef base
- 3⁄4 cup parsley
- 3⁄4 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup diced green onion (with tops)
- In large skillet brown rice with the margarine.
- Add water and beef soup base, carrots, parsley, and onion to the rice. Bring to a boil; then, reduce heat and cover skillet.
- Cook stirring occasionally until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
A friend emailed me this recipe a couple of days ago (which attracted me to Recipezaar). It was quite good and very inexpensive to make. I added some diced red peppers and served it with baked sole.
This was very good. I'd planned on potatoes for dinner only to discover that the ones I had were too old to cook with... a quick search on RZ and I've foudn a great new rice recipe. I grated 1 large carrot but didn't measure the amount. I only used about 1/4 cup parsley, if it was too green my kids woudl never eat it! I served with with baked salmon.
Totally easy and really good. I omitted the beef base, but otherwise followed the recipe. I used pre-shredded carrots instead of diced. The little ribbons throughout the rice was very pretty. Great simple recipe! Thanks. :)