A side dish from "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup long grain rice
- 1/4 cup white wine or 1/4 cup vermouth
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- fresh ground pepper
- 1In a medium saucepan, saute the onions and bay leaf in margarine until the onions are softened.
- 2Add the rice and continue to cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until rice is golden.
- 3Add wine, water, bouillon, parsley and pepper.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 6Or, place in covered casserole dish and bake in oven at 300 degrees for about 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.0
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 48.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules