Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 finely chopped onion
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups fresh chicken broth or 2 cups canned chicken broth
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and cook the onion until slightly tender.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, until it is golden.
- Do not brown.
- At the same time bring the chicken broth to a boil in a seperate pan.
- When rice is golden, add broth to rice.
- Cover tightly and simmer for 20 minutes.
Hated it, too mild, no spices, no salt was very plain and had no taste Would try putting 1 whole onion and a few spices
I'm not a big rice fan, but this is really good!
Simple and tasty! A perfect side dish I know I'll be relying on again and again. Thanks for sharing!