Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe inspired by a recipe in Mark Bittman's "the minimalist cooks dinner" with adjustments to my needs and pulled from memory. This is one of the very few ways I can get my husband to eat rice.
- 3⁄4 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 3⁄8 cup citrus juice
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3⁄8 cup fresh cilantro or 3⁄8 cup of fresh mint
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Boil the rice. Drain & rinse.
- Lightly boil the peas so they don't taste raw. Drain & rinse.
- Combine with other ingredients.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Can be totally animal free if you don't use fish sauce or an animal based oil.
- Easily adjusted for larger or smaller amounts with identical results.