Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Unusual apple strudel recipe without the fat from the pastry. For a vegan version substitute butter for soy margarine or Nutalex.
- 2 green apples, peeled cored and cut into 1/2cm slices
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter or 4 tablespoons soy margarine
- 0.22 lb caster sugar
- 8 rice paper sheets
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 220 Degrees Celsius.
- Combine apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, walnuts and 1 tbs melted butter.
- Line baking sheet with baking paper.
- Pour 6 cups hot water in a bowl and dissolve caster sugar inches.
- Place 1 rice paper wrapper in water to soften, transfer to board and brush with extra melted butter.
- Divide filling in a sausage shape on one side of wrapper levaing 3cm border.
- Fold in end and roll up to enclose filling.
- Place on baking sheet seam side down.
- Brush top with melted butter.
- Repeat for all.
- Bake in oven 15-20 minutes. Serve warm dusted with icing sugar.