Wendys Kitchen's Note:
Unusual apple strudel recipe without the fat from the pastry. For a vegan version substitute butter for soy margarine or Nutalex.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 220 Degrees Celsius.
- 2Combine apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, walnuts and 1 tbs melted butter.
- 3Line baking sheet with baking paper.
- 4Pour 6 cups hot water in a bowl and dissolve caster sugar inches.
- 5Place 1 rice paper wrapper in water to soften, transfer to board and brush with extra melted butter.
- 6Divide filling in a sausage shape on one side of wrapper levaing 3cm border.
- 7Fold in end and roll up to enclose filling.
- 8Place on baking sheet seam side down.
- 9Brush top with melted butter.
- 10Repeat for all.
- 11Bake in oven 15-20 minutes. Serve warm dusted with icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice-Paper Apple Strudels
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.9
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 3.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 28.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice paper sheets