Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just saw this in the Vegetarian Times magazine, and I can't wait to try them!
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sriracha sauce (optional)
- Whisk eggs and milk in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients, plus some salt and pepper, if desired.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Drop 1/4°C batter into the skillet and smooth it down with a spatula. Cook 4-5 minutes, until bottoms are golden-brown, then flip pancakes. Let cook for another 3-4 minutes, then remove when both sides are browned and crispy. Repeat with remaining batter.
Now this is a tasty pancake SAHMchef. I love rice pancakes and this baby is no exception. I used sticky rice, candied ginger and had to omit the peanuts as I didn't have any in the house today. I did add 1 tsp of smooth peanut butter for the flavor. This is an excellent pancake, savory and beautiful. I did add the optional sicarah sauce, salt and pepper, choosing coarse sea salt and red pepper flakes. Thank you for sharing this treat that I will make again and again. Made for My 3 Chefs - 2012.
Made this to serve as a side with Spicy Pumpkin Soup as I had left over rice, and they were so easy and so full of flavor followed the recipe and wouldn't change a thing. Have left overs to have for lunch. This is going to be a favorite in our house and is going straight into my Best of 2013 Book
Awesome recipe. Easy to modify based on ingredients on hand. I served with home made apple sauce. Definitely a keeper for left over rice!