Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I adapted this recipe from one that I found on the internet. They have great flavor and a unique texture. They are great with a bit of butter or syrup, or just by themselves.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice (leftover, from a previous dinner...I used brown rice)
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (I used King Arthur White Wheat)
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites (beaten to soft peaks)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, mash the rice up a little bit with a potato masher or with your hands.
- Then add flours, sugar, salt, baking powder, soda, milk, egg, and vanilla.
- Blend well.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Pour by 1/4 cup measure onto hot griddle coated with cooking spray.
- Flip when bubbling and cook until lightly browned on both sides.
- It made 22 small to medium pancakes.