I adapted this recipe from one that I found on the internet. They have great flavor and a unique texture. They are great with a bit of butter or syrup, or just by themselves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice (leftover, from a previous dinner...I used brown rice)
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I used King Arthur White Wheat)
- 1/4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites (beaten to soft peaks)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1In a large bowl, mash the rice up a little bit with a potato masher or with your hands.
- 2Then add flours, sugar, salt, baking powder, soda, milk, egg, and vanilla.
- 3Blend well.
- 4Fold in egg whites.
- 5Pour by 1/4 cup measure onto hot griddle coated with cooking spray.
- 6Flip when bubbling and cook until lightly browned on both sides.
- 7It made 22 small to medium pancakes.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Pancakes - Healthy and Deliecious
Serving Size: 1 (1150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.7
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 156.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g