These are yummy and frugal. Whenever we make rice for dinner we make a HUGE pot and use the leftovers for breakfast. This recipe comes from hillbillyhousewife.com and I am posting it for the January TOTM.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use a fork to mash the rice a little or you can blend it a little with the milk but you want some graininess to give the pancakes their special texture.
- 2After the rice has been mashed a little, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- 3Use a whisk to stir everything up.
- 4If you use yogurt the batter may be very thick, you can add a little water to the batter to thin it out for frying.
- 5Fry in a hot skillet or griddle, turn them when they are brown on the bottom. Try to keep them small. They are so tender that frying big ones is a little tricky.
- 6Serve with syrup and butter.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.5
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 97.9 mg
- Sodium 766.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 14.9 g