Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Copied this side dish recipe from a cookbook but I didn't write which one. You can use seasoned or plain breadcrumbs depending on your preference.
- breadcrumbs, for crust bottom
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup uncooked rice, boiled (it will expand)
- 4 eggs, reserve 1
- 1 cup romano cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Grease a baking pan and cover bottom with bread crumbs to form a crust.
- Saute onion in butter until soft.
- In a bowl, add sauteed onion, cooked rice, 3 beaten eggs, cheese, salt and pepper and mix gently.
- Spread this rice mixture into the baking pan, evenly, over the breadcrumbs.
- Beat the remaining egg and pour over the rice for a shiny top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.