Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great side dish prepared in the oven. It can be baked in the oven while baking other meats or poultry.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can instant rice
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 8x8-inch casserole dish in oven with the butter to melt.
- Mix all other ingredients until combined.
- Pour into casserole.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.
so easy to prepare, I had all ingredients in the pantry, and the flavors blend well. I did cut back on the butter to (2) tbs. for health reasons . I served this along side a pork tenderlion. Thank you from a mom of three , for a side dish that pulls together quickly
Delicious and so easy with ingredients already on hand!! I like the soup combination with the mushroom toning down the french onion a bit. I did skip the butter part and used a spray of pam to reduce the fat for a personal choice. I've never used instant rice before so used my long grain white since it's what I already had and it turned out great! Thank you Carolyn, for a great side that can be used with just about anything! Will definitely enjoy this again! :)