Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Playing around with preparing rice with a difference and came up with this......and it turned out delish, Oh My!
- Cut onions and pepper in small dice.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large saucepan with cover. Add vegetables and stir-fry until onion turns lightly browned. Add rice and 1tsp oil (if you feel it is too dry). Stir and lightly brown the rice.
- At this point, add seasonings, if using.**.
- Add stock, stir well and cover.
- Lower heat to simmer. Cook 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Shake covered saucepan once or twice while cooking.
- Fluff and serve.
- **At this point, I put the rice and stock into a rice steamer to cook. This way it always comes out perfect for me.