Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Have all your veggies ready to go-once you start, the cooking goes quickly. If you can't find fresh sugar snap peas, use thawed frozen peas, and add them to the dish when you return the steak to the pan. You can also save time by purchasing toasted sesame seeds at Asian markets. Look for bags of shredded carrots in the produce section of you supermarket. The recipe comes from cooking light.
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger (To mince ginger place a small piece in garlic press and squeeze as you would garlic)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 lb flank steak, trimmed and cut into 1 1/4 inch strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 cup sliced bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 4 cups hot cooked rice noodles (about 8-ounces uncooked noodles)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine the first 8 ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 teaspoon oil to pan, add half of steak, sauté 4 minutes or until browned, remove steak from pan and repeat procedure with the remaining oil and steak.
- Add vinegar mixture, carrot,peas, bell peppers, and sprouts to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Return steak to pan, add noodles; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle with onions and sesame seeds.
I will have to try this again. I didn't like the consistency of the sauce with the cornstarch. I made it with a pork tenderloin and loved the freshness of all of the veggies.
I prepared this last night for guests, and it was a hit with everyone (but me)I found the vinegar too overpowering. But obviously that is just my taste. I will try this again, with less vinegar, and maybe sub pork for the flank steak, just for fun. I felt that I should give 4 star, because 4 out of 5 eaters recommend it!