Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love this combo! it appeals t my Southern roots - pork 'n greens! Adapted from Taste of Thai. This recipe is a specialty from Phuket, the southern part of Thailand. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
- 4 ounces rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 lb pork loin, thinly sliced
- 4 cups kale, cut into thin strips
- Soak noodles according to directions to soften.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of the fish sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, and lime juice together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil to a large skillet - medium high. Add ginger and garlic. Cook one minute or until fragrant. Do not burn garlic (it gets bitter!). Add pork and stir fry until just opaque = about 3 minutes.
- Add reserved fish sauce mixture to meat continue to stir fry 1 minute. Drain noodles and add to meat. Stir fry noodles until covered with sauce and just tender.
- Add kale to skillet. Stir fry until it turns dark green and is combined with ingredients.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Serve immediately.