Recipe by Sharon123
In this beautiful dish, nearly transparent noodles mingle with shimmering snow peas and shredded carrots. From Vegetarian Times Cookbook.
Top Review by Geema
Really delicious and exotic recipe, with lots of ginger, that we enjoyed so much. I had bean thread noodles instead of the rice noodles and they worked ok. Next time I'll make a trip to get the rice noodles, though. I also added a few shitaki mushrooms to the vegetable mixture, which we enjoyed. The preparation and the cooking was a breeze, Sharon, thanks to your good instructions.
- 8 ounces uncooked rice noodles
- hot water, for soaking or cooking
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, fresh grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly (green and white parts)
- 1 fresh green chile, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 20 snow peas, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash sesame oil
- 1 dash hot chili oil
- chopped fresh cilantro leaves or fresh parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak or prepare the rice noodles according to the package directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the ginger and garlic, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the scallions, chili, carrots and snow peas.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the salt.
- Add the noodles and toss to coat.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the sesame and chili oil.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley.
- Serve at once.