Recipe by lauralie41
This is also from the Quick and Easy Thai cookbook. A very light and healthy, low fat stir fry that would be great for lunch. Also included in the Zaar World Tour 2005 swap, Asia.
Top Review by Mysterygirl
I really liked the ingredients of this one down to the chicken livers and just didn't think that my family would be happy with it. But I really wanted to try this so I made a couple of simple changes - no chicken livers and no bird's eye chili. I don't believe that we missed them. It's definitely a keeper that we'll make again.
- 7 ounces rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 inch gingerroot, fresh and finely chopped
- 4 scallions
- 1 red bird's eye chile, deseeded and sliced
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken, finely chopped
- 2 chicken livers, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, matchstick sliced
- 5 1⁄2 cups cabbage, Napa and shredded
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, shredded to garnish (optional)
- pickled garlic, sliced to garnish (optional)
- 1 sprig of fresh mint, to garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl of hot water soak rice noodles for 15 minutes and drain well.
- Using a wok or large skillet heat oil. Add the garlic, ginger, scallions, and chile, stir fry for approximately one minute. Stir in the chicken and chicken livers and stir fry over high heat for 2-3 minutes or until browning begins.
- Add celery and carrot to chicken mixture, stir fry for about 2 minutes or until they soften. Stir in napa cabbage, lime juice, fish sauce, and soy sauce. Begin adding noodles while stirring and heat thoroughly. If desired sprinkle with shredded mint and pickled garlic. Place on serving dish, optional garnish sprig of mint , and serve immediately.