1/1 Photo of Rice Noodles (Bihon) Guisado
This is one of my favorite recipe to cook rice noodles. My family and friends really like it. I also served it when we had party at home and no left-overs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g rice noodles, string variety (Bihon)
- 5 cups water (or more)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 chicken hot dogs, sliced diagonally and thinly
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1/4 head cabbage, shredded
- 2/3 cup frozen corn kernels
- 15 pieces baguio beans, sliced thinly
- 1 green capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1Put water, salt and 1 tablespoons oil in a pot, let it boil. Add the rice noodles and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2Heat cooking oil in a wok, stir fry the chicken franks for 1 minute, take out from the wok and set aside.
- 3In the same oil, saute garlic until lightly brown, then add onions and, saute until tender.
- 4Add chicken, vegetables, corn and broth. Stir and cook until the chicken are done. Season with soy sauce,sugar and pepper.
- 5When the chicken and vegetables are done, stir in the rice noodles, mix well.
- 6Stir in the beaten eggs. Cook until the eggs are done.
- 7Turn off heat. Stir in the sesame seed oil and serve.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Noodles (Bihon) Guisado
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.5
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 140.8 mg
- Sodium 2085.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 19.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: