Recipe by ida ku zaifah
Submitted for RSC #9.
Top Review by happygurl06
This soup was very tasy, next time I will use boneless, skinless chicken and the presentation will be better. The pounded ingredients filled my house with such a wonderful smell! I did use ground almonds over the candlenuts though.
- 400 g dry rice noodles (see note below)
- 1 chicken, cut into small pieces (16)
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 inches ginger
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 4 fresh red chilies
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 1 inch fresh turmeric or 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 candlenuts or 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup sliced shallot, fried crisp and brown
- 3 limes, halved
- 2 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 1 red chilies, thinly slice and (optional) or 1 hot pepper, thinly slice and soaked in light soy sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak rice noodles in boiling water until soft and drained.
- Heat oil in saucepan, fry pounded ingredients untilfragrant.
- Add chicken and stir-fry for 2 minuntes. Add waterand cook until chicken is done.
- Add coconut milk, tomatoes and seasoning.
- ingredients. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Place rice noodles in individual serving bowl.
- Spoon soup over noodles and garnish with bean sprout,fry shallot, spring onions and limes. Serve hot.