Recipe by Ed&Theresa
------Entered for RSC#9 Try it,you like it. ------ If you like things on the spicy side, you might want to kick this up.
Top Review by ksduffster
This was ok. I followed the recipe as is except for a couple shortcuts - I used frozen chopped onions and a can of diced tomatoes instead of what was called for. It was really easy and a one-dish meal to boot so I may make it again, possibly changing the spices a little or adding more of them.
- 1 small white onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 7 ounces rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice onion.
- Peel and slice carrot thin.
- In a large saucepan, add olive oil.
- Over med heat cook onions and carrots till tender.
- Add ground beef and cinnamon, cook about 5 Minutes.
- Add juice from whole tomatoes and dice tomatoes, add and stir.
- Add salt, pepper and beef stock,sugar,oregano stir.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour beef and tomato mixture over noodles.