Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Thai rice noodle salad. A nice mix of textures and flavours.
- 8 ounces rice vermicelli (227g)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (30ml)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil (2 ml)
- 1 red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 4 green onions, cut on the diagonal
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small fresh green chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons pickled ginger, chopped (10ml)
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 small mango, diced
- bean sprouts, for garnish
- 1⁄3 cup cashews, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- 1 orange, sliced for garnish
- 1 lime, sliced, for garnish
- Soak noodles in boiling water until tender, about 20 minutes. Do not cook. Drain well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add vegetable oil, sesame oil, red pepper, green onion, garlic, chile, pickled ginger, juice and zest of both the lime and orange, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and mint. Stir to combine well. Add the noodle and toss to coat well. Add the mango and toss. Sprinkle with sprouts and cashews. Garnish with the orange and lime slices.