Recipe by ellie_
Although I haven't tried this yet I thought it sounded delicious with Asian grilled pork or chicken or mixed with leftover chicken or shrimp. Recipe source: Gourmet (June 2005)
Top Review by IngridH
This was good, but we felt it was missing something- maybe some chopped chilies for a touch of heat? For the herbs, I used cilantro, basil, and cress. I had to omit the peanuts, due to a nut issue. I love how easy this was to make, it was very simple to prepare while waiting for the rest of the meal to be ready. Perfect for a weeknight. Made for the Seasoned Sailor and his Sassy Sirens, ZWT6
- 4 ounces thin rice noodles
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar (unseasoned)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon asian fish sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 scallions, sliced crosswise
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs, torn (cilantro, mint, and or or basil)
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts (unsalted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak noodles in hot water for 10 minutes, drain.
- Cook noodles in a pot of boiling water for 1 minute.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Drain again.
- Whisk together vinegar, sugar, fish sauce and salt in a large salad bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Add noodles and remainder of ingredients (carrot - peanuts). Toss.