Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
The stickiness of rice noodles makes them great for moulding into cakes. Top with a peanut sauce and some veg and you have a quick meal. To save more time use a bag of stir fry mixed veg.
- 100 g thin rice noodles
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 cm fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red chile, chopped
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 medium egg, withe beaten
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 230 g mixed vegetables, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the noodles according to the packet. Drain and leave until they become sticky.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil and stir fry the garlic, ginger and chilli. Remove half of the mixture and set aside.
- Add the coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, coriander and lime juice to the pan. Stir well and add 4 tbsp warm water stir until smooth and set aside.
- Add the reserved chilli mix to the rice noodles along with the egg white and spring onion and mix well. Form the mixture into 8 patties either with your hands or the aid of a metal ring.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil and cook the rice cakes for 3 mins each side. set aside.
- Either use a Y peeler to cut your veg into ribbons or slice finely. Stir fry in the remaining oil until tender (about 2 mins).
- Serve two noodle cakes per person topped with the stir fried veg and peanut sauce.