The stickiness of rice noodles makes them great for moulding into cakes. Top with a peanut sauce and some veg and you have a quick meal. To save more time use a bag of stir fry mixed veg.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 100 g thin rice noodles
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 cm fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red chile, chopped
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 medium egg, withe beaten
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 230 g mixed vegetables, of your choice
- 1Cook the noodles according to the packet. Drain and leave until they become sticky.
- 2Heat 1 tbsp of the oil and stir fry the garlic, ginger and chilli. Remove half of the mixture and set aside.
- 3Add the coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, coriander and lime juice to the pan. Stir well and add 4 tbsp warm water stir until smooth and set aside.
- 4Add the reserved chilli mix to the rice noodles along with the egg white and spring onion and mix well. Form the mixture into 8 patties either with your hands or the aid of a metal ring.
- 5Heat 2 tbsp of the oil and cook the rice cakes for 3 mins each side. set aside.
- 6Either use a Y peeler to cut your veg into ribbons or slice finely. Stir fry in the remaining oil until tender (about 2 mins).
- 7Serve two noodle cakes per person topped with the stir fried veg and peanut sauce.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Noodle Cakes With Peanutty Veg
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.3
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 694.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: