Recipe by Garlic Gnome
One of my cobbled together meals from a nearly bare pantry. Gluten free, easy to put together and very healthy, open to changes, can be made vegetarian, I like to serve with lemon/oregano chicken which gives a nice counterbalance to the creaminess of the bake.
- 473.18 ml onions, sliced thinly
- 170.09 g rice noodles, flat variety works well
- 283.49 g condensed chicken with rice soup (or similar favorite)
- 354.88 ml water
- 226.79 g frozen peas
- 354.88 ml sweet potatoes (sliced thin, enough to cover casserole)
- 59.14 ml olive oil (approximate)
- 44.37 ml butter
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- using a 13x9 or 9x9 deep casserole (with cover) oil bottom,.
- layer onions, then dry noodles.
- pour soup evenly over noodles and add water (should just come to top of noodles.
- layer peas then sweet potato slices.
- dot with butter, remaining olive oil.
- sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- cover and bake 350 for 45 minutes for 13x9 and as much as one hour for deeper dish.
- There should be just enough liquid left without it being soupy.