1/1 Photo of Rice Noodle Bake
1 hr 10 mins
Garlic Gnome's Note:
One of my cobbled together meals from a nearly bare pantry. Gluten free, easy to put together and very healthy, open to changes, can be made vegetarian, I like to serve with lemon/oregano chicken which gives a nice counterbalance to the creaminess of the bake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups onions, sliced thinly
- 6 ounces rice noodles, flat variety works well
- 10 ounces condensed chicken with rice soup (or similar favorite)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 8 ounces frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potatoes (sliced thin, enough to cover casserole)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (approximate)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1using a 13x9 or 9x9 deep casserole (with cover) oil bottom,.
- 2layer onions, then dry noodles.
- 3pour soup evenly over noodles and add water (should just come to top of noodles.
- 4layer peas then sweet potato slices.
- 5dot with butter, remaining olive oil.
- 6sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- 7cover and bake 350 for 45 minutes for 13x9 and as much as one hour for deeper dish.
- 8There should be just enough liquid left without it being soupy.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Noodle Bake
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.8
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 457.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 7.0 g