1/1 Photo of Rice Noodle Bake
1 hr 10 mins
Garlic Gnome's Note:
One of my cobbled together meals from a nearly bare pantry. Gluten free, easy to put together and very healthy, open to changes, can be made vegetarian, I like to serve with lemon/oregano chicken which gives a nice counterbalance to the creaminess of the bake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups onions, sliced thinly
- 6 ounces rice noodles, flat variety works well
- 10 ounces condensed chicken with rice soup (or similar favorite)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 8 ounces frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potatoes (sliced thin, enough to cover casserole)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (approximate)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1using a 13x9 or 9x9 deep casserole (with cover) oil bottom,.
- 2layer onions, then dry noodles.
- 3pour soup evenly over noodles and add water (should just come to top of noodles.
- 4layer peas then sweet potato slices.
- 5dot with butter, remaining olive oil.
- 6sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- 7cover and bake 350 for 45 minutes for 13x9 and as much as one hour for deeper dish.
- 8There should be just enough liquid left without it being soupy.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Noodle Bake
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.8
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 457.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 7.0 g