One of my cobbled together meals from a nearly bare pantry. Gluten free, easy to put together and very healthy, open to changes, can be made vegetarian, I like to serve with lemon/oregano chicken which gives a nice counterbalance to the creaminess of the bake.
- 2 cups onions, sliced thinly
- 6 ounces rice noodles, flat variety works well
- 10 ounces condensed chicken with rice soup (or similar favorite)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 8 ounces frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet potatoes (sliced thin, enough to cover casserole)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (approximate)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- using a 13x9 or 9x9 deep casserole (with cover) oil bottom,.
- layer onions, then dry noodles.
- pour soup evenly over noodles and add water (should just come to top of noodles.
- layer peas then sweet potato slices.
- dot with butter, remaining olive oil.
- sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- cover and bake 350 for 45 minutes for 13x9 and as much as one hour for deeper dish.
- There should be just enough liquid left without it being soupy.