Recipe by Mirj
From Recipe du Jour, makes for a light supper.
Top Review by cuisinebymae
These are outstanding! I didn't add any of the optional ingredients-wasn't sure I would like them in this. The crumbs make such a nice coating. My youngest toddler really enjoyed these. I'll definitely make them again.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup minced mushroom
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese (or other cheese)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley (optional) or 1 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (optional) or 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onions and mushrooms in oil until onions are light golden and translucent.
- Combine all ingredients except rolling mixture.
- Chill rice mixture.
- Beat the eggs from the rolling mixture and roll croquettes in beaten egg and then breadcrumbs.
- Fry, turning so all sides brown.