Recipe by Zipadedoda
I have been making this for some time. I sometimes use ½ tomato juice and ½ V-8 juice.We like it better that way.
Top Review by Okra
These have long been a favorite of ours...my recipe very similar, the differences being 1 tsp grated onion instead of 1 onion, and 1/2 tsp salt rather than 2 tsp. I often just pre-cook regular rice and use that instead of the Minute stuff.
- 1 cup Minute Rice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 small onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine minute rice[right from box] with beef, egg, onion, salt, marjoram,pepper, and 1/2 cup tomato juice.
- Mix lightly.
- Shape mixture into 18 balls and place in skillet.
- Add sugar to remaining 2 cups of juice.
- Pour juice over meatballs in skillet.
- Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat, simmer, covered 15 minutes, basting occasionally.