Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Gooseberry Patch What's For Dinner?
Top Review by LucyGoosey
I personally didn't love it like I did all the other recipes I've tried from this website only because I thought the basil, ketchup and stewed tomatoes made it a little to sweet for my taste buds. However my husband loved it! He said it was great! So it's all a matter of taste. If you like a sweeter marinara sauce you will probably love this recipe. It's certainly worth trying.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 2 -3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup long-cooking rice, uncooked
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (I omit this)
- 1 (1/2 ounce) packetflavor boost concentrated vegetable broth (Swanson brand, my addition)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry