Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A complete protein thats earthy, sweet and crunchy.
- 1 cup green lentil
- 1 cup white rice
- 1⁄3 cup dried dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 scallion, sliced thin (optional)
- Place all but pine nuts in pot.
- Top with 4 cups of water. Or just cover by almost an inch of water in a rice cooker.
- Cover and cook till tender about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with nuts.
This was good, but unfortunately I couldn't taste the cranberries. They re-hydrated themselves during cooking and their texture and flavor just disappeared. Next time, I will add the cranberries just a few minutes before serving. But overall, we enjoyed it. Thanks!
Tasty and very easy. The cranberries give a touch of sweetness. I used brown rice, puy lentils, and an extra cup of water.
A good healthy standby meal using items that we usually have in the pantry. I use brown rice and top with some really good olive oil, which really adds to the dish.