Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe on the "Eating Well" web site and it sounded so good, I wanted to try it. My husband and I loved it so I wanted to share it with you. I also didn't want to lose the recipe. I listed the ingredients as they appear but I made a couple of minor changes. I used whole grain brown rice, I added diced celery and broccoli with the carrots, I used cayenne pepper in place of the smoked paprika, I used chives instead of the shallot, and I omited the olive oil. I wasn't sure how it would taste without the oil, but it turned out pretty good. You could add any diced vegetable you have on hand and it'll be good. The recipe also says to refrigerate for up to 3 days, but ours was in the fridge for 1 week and it was fine. Hope you enjoy it
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika, preferably smoked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can lentils, rinsed or 1 1⁄3 cups cooked lentils
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Wisk oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add rice, lentils, carrot and parsley.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.