Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
My entire family loves this lasagna. We started making it this way after my husband discovered he needed a gluten free diet. If you want to make this gluten free be sure to watch the brand of products you use. I will not list specific brands because gluten free products change often. I was able to easily find regular products that are gluten free instead of having to shop at a specialty store.
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 8 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese
- 32 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup cooked ground beef
- Add eggs and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese to rice. Set aside.
- Combine 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and cottage cheese. Set aside.
- Add sauce to meat mixture, heat.
- Spoon 1 cup rice mix into pammed glass pan, cover with 1/2 of cottage cheese mix, 1/3 sauce and 1/2 ricotta. Repeat, topping with sauce and 2 tablespoons grated parmesan.
- Cook 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Cook longer if it is in a dense pan.
- If desired, you can freeze and bake at a later date.
All the flavor of lasagna is there, but not the noodles. My husband, who I was SURE wouldn't like it, actually did and asked to take the leftovers for lunch. My kids (3 and 1) ate some too... they are super picky, but it was easy for them to eat the yummy gooeyness with their spoons!
VERY TASTY! I only used 25oz of sauce and it came out pretty ugly and mushy. I will be trying this again and again until I get the consistancy right because it was delicious. My three year old gobbled it up too! Thanks for posting.
We love this recipe. I changed the ground beef to ground turkey, but the rest is mostly the same. My DH asks for this recipe often. I'm the one with the gluten intolerance. Great recipe!