Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (30 ounce) jarprepared spaghetti sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 egg whites
- 3 cups long-grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350*.
- Spray 13x9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium skillet, brown beef and onion; drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce; mix well.
- In small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese mushrooms, and egg whites; mix well.
- In prepared pan, spread 1/3 of meat sauce, 1/2 of rice and 1/2 of ricotta cheese mixture; repeat layers.
- Spread remaining meat sauce on top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Really good! Made this to get rid of some leftover rice and the family loved it. Prepard ahead and baked at dinner time. Super simple, very tasty. And I believe this is gluten-free? Omitted the mushrooms, and used only about half the ricotta cause that's all I had. Thanks for sharing the recipe!