Recipe by Bayhill
Posted for the Zaar World Tour 2006-Israel. From the "Best of International Cooking" cookbook. I haven't had the chance to try this recipe yet.
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 2 apples
- 1 large egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cooked short-grain white rice
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Butter a deep baking dish; set aside.
- Peel and shred apples. In a medium bowl, beat together egg, salt and 1/2 cup sugar. Stir in raisins, shredded apple, rice, 4 Tablespoons of the butter, jam and almonds.
- Pour into buttered dish; dot with remaining 2 Tablespoons butter. Sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon sugar. Bake 40 minutes; serve hot.