Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love making these for parties. The unusual ones are usually first to go. You can mold them into any shape you lie and carve them, but I like them in little squares. Hope you try the variations and invent a few combinations of your own! Cooking time is drying time.
- 11 cups rice, krispies
- 16 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, plus more to grease the pan
- Measure out the Rice Krispies. Melt the butter and marshmallows very slowly. Pour over cereal and stir with a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon (or put gloves on and toss by hand). Press into a 9x13 buttered pan and let cool. Cut into squares.
- SQUARES: Use half Rice Krispies and half Cocoa Pepples, Fruity Pebbles, Froot Loops, or any other cereal combo you like.
- TOPPINGS: Mix a 12 ounce bag of choclolate chips with two tablespoons of butter, melt and spread over treats before you cut them. Cool and cut. Also use white chocolate and peanut butter chips or butterscotch chips to replace the chocolate chips. Make them crazy and have some fun!
- I made 150 of these last year for an adult party and all of them were eaten. There were only 50 people there. After they dry, cut them and wrap in parchment, twisting the ends closed. I use Handy Wax which is the perfect size for them. You can add ribbons to the ends but they look so cute wrapped in the handy wax. I piled them up into a huge basket and everyone grabbed a few.
Butter and marshmallow? Yes. And don't cheat yourself. Use some good Irish or European unsalted butter like Plugra or Kerrygold. Add crushed peanut butter pretzels and Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate chips or... butterscotch chips or... more mini marshmallows or... caramels or... salted marcona almonds or... Cracker Jacks or...