Recipe by Chef Norma JS
Great for kids but make extras for the adults because they will love them too. This was based on "Soft and Chewy Rice Krispies Treats" by wyojess with my thanks.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (can be dairy-free)
- 16 ounces marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup nonpareils (small size and mixed colors)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies (generic cereal is fine)
Directions See How It's Made
- I used the following: Wilton round cookie-pop tray, cookie-pop sticks, assorted color icing and metallic ties all of which can be found in the cake decorating section of a party store or craft store. Saran type wrap was used to wrap the pops.
- Spray cookie tray lightly with Pam.
- Melt margarine in heavy pan over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir continuously until smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Add nonpareils and stir.
- Turn heat off but leaving pot on burner add the cereal. and stir until evenly mixed.
- Put some in mold, add stick and put some more on top and with damp hands press lightly.
- Have fun decorating, let dry and over pop with plastic wrap and fasten with ties to secure the wrap. I put them in a basket filled with Styrofoam that I decorated.