Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar and I can't wait to give it a try. This is what the original posted said about this recipe, "Yummy Rice Krispies for the peanut butter lover!"
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 (16 ounce) package peanut butter chips
- Melt margarine or butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal and stir until well coated.
- Add in desired amount of peanut butter chips and stir.
- Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly into a 9x13 coated with cooking spray. Cut into squares when cooled.
Yep! These are delicious. I added about 1/2 cup extra Rice Krispies and used about 9 oz of peanut butter chips. Good "richer" alternative to normal Rice Krispie treats.
this was yummy. i used a mix of peanut butter and chocolate chips because that's what i had. i loved how the chips got all melty and oozed goodness onto all the rice crispies. i also added a 1/4 tsp of vanilla to make them richer (like they need it) because my hubby likes them that way. now i'm wondering what would happen if i used 1/2 cup peanut butter in addition to the pb chips. hmmm. thanks for posting.