Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are not your ordinary crispy rice cereal marshmallow treats. They are so much better! Once I tried these I don't make them the old way!
- 1 cup karo white corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 1⁄2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups butterscotch chips
- Bring Karo syrup and sugar to a boil.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla and stir.
- Add cereal and stir well.
- Pour into 9x13-inch greased pan and smooth out.
- Melt both flavors of chips and frost top.
- Slice and enjoy!
These are wonderful! I have found that when I make the "traditional" squares that include marshmallows, they always seem to become rock hard the next day. Not these ones! I had to make these in a jiffy and they are great! Instead of butterscotch and chocolate chips, I melted some chocolate chips and caramel sauce together and drizzled it all over the top. I have been instructed to make more ASAP! Thanks for the great recipe!
These are my favorite rice krispie treats!! My sister makes them all of the time and if they'd let me I'd inhale the whole pan:):)
Way too sweet. So sweet you could almost feel your teeth hurt. If I was to make this again I'd reduce the recipe to atleast 1/2 cup of sugar and omit the butterscotch. I didn't notice that the flavor was all that good but that could be because there was just too much sweetness covering up the underlying flavors, like the peanutbutter and chocolate. The recipe was easy to make and the final product was easy to cut.