Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made these for a sport's banquet and they came out soooo cute for the kids. I dipped them in white chocolate and sprinkled red sugar sprinkles on them, because red and white are the team colors. I wrapped them in plastic and tied with red curling ribbon. They were a huge success!
- In a large saucepan or large microwavable bowl, melt butter and marshmallows.
- Stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cereal until it is evenly coated.
- Let the mixture cool for about 15 minutes or so, giving it a stir once in awhile.
- Butter you hands (important!) and then shape the treats into 2 inch balls, pressing gently so they are compact, not loose.
- Push a stick into each ball and set aside to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or double boiler and stir until smooth.
- Dip the top of the treat balls into the chocolate and then sprinkle with the candy or sugar sprinkles.
- Lay on a wax paper lined tray until chocolate is hardened.
- For bake sales or potlucks, wrap each treat in plastic and tie with curling ribbon.
Fun to make and good to eat. Couldn't find my popsicle sticks so used cinnamon sticks. Dipped them in all different kinds of chocolate, some with nuts etc., wrapped in plastic wrap and tied with different colored ribbons. Kids loved them.