Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
There are a few of these recipes here already, but mine goes for more peanut butter, less cereal and less chocolate topping. I hope you like them! **cook time is firming up time**
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter (I use smooth)
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- 6 ounces chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet)
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips
- Bring corn syrup and sugar to full boil in a large pot.
- Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter, mix well.
- Add cereal. Mix well.
- Press into buttered 13x9 pan.
- Melt your chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together in a small saucepan. I use very low heat.
- Spread over the top of the bars.
- Please, DO NOT refrigerate these. If you do they'll come out hard as a ROCK.
- These are best if let set at room temp.! And yes, the chocolate WILL set up. Takes a couple hours but better that way than in the fridge.
- Also, nothing says you can't walk by and sneak a taste before they set up ;).
I had these at a neighborhood picnic and loved them so much that I had to come home and find the recipe online. I found this one and it matched perfectly! I made them nd they were terrific. These are awesome and our whole family loves them.
Absolutely delicious and very easy to make. I made this recipe after trying one with less peanut butter (#100298) and my husband and I agree that these ones taste much better.
Previously wrote: These were good, but to me they weren't worth the calories: 6288 divided by 42 = 150 each. Change of Heart: I tasted another one and this time it tasted great, so I can only assume that what ever I had eaten prior to the first one altered my taste.