Recipe by SnoBahr
This recipe came to me through a convoluted email chain, but it's this specific version that my nephews *love*, when made by their maternal grandmother. The time to make is a complete guess on my part.
Top Review by Mia #3
I've made a receipe very similar to this one many many years ago, about 25yrs if memory serves me correct. Instead of using the Rice krispies I had used Corn Flakes, its a wonderful treat, for the whole family. UMMM I think I'll go out and buy some peanut butter and make for tonight. My kids will thank you for the idea, but not my waistline!! LOLOLOL!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups butterscotch chips
- butter (for greasing pan)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup. Heat just until bubbly (Do not boil or the bars become a little hard).
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Stir until well blended, then gently stir in cereal.
- Press mixture lightly into buttered 9 x 13 pan.
- Combine chocolate and butterscotch chips and melt in microwave or double boiler.
- Immediately spread over bars in pan.
- Refrigerate just until chocolate sets and hardens slightly.
- Cut in squares. Makes 3 to 4 dozen bars.