Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
These bars are *delicious* use -1/2 cups of your choice of dried fruit, apricots, dates, raisins, pineapple any fruit you desire, these can be wrapped individually and then frozen, grab one out of the freezer on you way to work, or stick one in your lunch pac, great for kids lunch boxes, if you prefer a thick bar then use a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds (toasted and cooled)
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds (toasted and cooled)
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped mixed dried fruit (of choice, measure 2-1/2 cups before processing)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 7 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup honey (or use corn syrup)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip (or to taste)
- Combine all the dried fruit, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds into a processor; PULSE until finely chopped but not to a powder, transfer to a large bowl.
- Mix in rolled oats and rice cereal until blended.
- In a microwave-safe bowl mix together honey (or corn syrup) white sugar and peanut butter until well combined; heat in the microwave until just hot and bubbly.
- Stir in the powdered milk with vanilla and almond extract until completely combined, then pour over the cereal mixture; mix using a wooden spoon until coated.
- Mix in the mini chocolate chips.
- Press mixture prepared pan, using slightly wet hands to press down.
- Cut into desired size squares, and let cool before removing from the pan.