This requires a bundt cake pan. It is fun and easy to make and the end result is so cute. Its great for parties because it uses four batches of the rice krispy treats recipe. Make the face with black colored icing or fondant. Orange , green and black food color will be required, I recommend using the food color paste that is used for cake decorating, buy it at the craft store.
- In a large pot, melt 6 TBSP of the butter on low heat, add 8 cups of mini marshmallows, stir together and continure melting slowly over low heat stirring frequently.
- When marshmallows are melted add 1/4 tsp of orange food color or more if a brighter color is wanted. Stir until the marshmallows are completely orange.
- Add 12 cups of rice krispies and stir until all blended together.
- Pour rice krispy mixture into a greased Bundt pan, and press firmly and spread evenly with the bottom of a buttered spatula. Let it cool.
- Loosen the edges of the krispy treat and turn bundt pan over to remove it. Place rounded side down and flat side up on a plate.
- Repeat the previous steps again but this time as soon as the marshmallows are melted put 1/2 cup of melted marshmallows aside in a separate bowl. Have someone help you on this step because the marshmallows will firm up quickly.
- Add green food color to the seperate 1/2 c of marshmallow , stir quickly then add 3/4 c rice krispies to it and blend.
- Turn the bundt pan upside down, spray the inside center hole of the bundt pan , and press the green krispy mixture into the center cavity. Turn the pan back over. This will be the stem.
- Continue coloring the marshmallows in the pot orange like before, and pour into the bundt pan like before. This will be the top half of the pumpkin.
- Let cool, the place the krispy on top of the other, rounded side up this time to make your pumpkin shape.
- Place the green stem on top in the center.
- Create your jack o lanterns face with either black icing or with black fondant cut out the face and stick it on by rubbing a little water on the back of each piece and sticking it on.