A favorite for children and grown ups alike. A combination of corn syrup, peanut butter, and Rice Krispies with your choice of ice cream or yogurt sandwiched in between.Place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the cereal mixture and then press down with your hands if you wish to keep your hands clean. I keep a plastic quilt ruler with my baking supplies for measuring squares and pastry. From a magazine clipping. No baking required!
- In a medium bowl, stir together corn syrup and peanut butter.
- Add cereal and stir until well coated.
- Press mixture firmly and evenly into a buttered 9"x13" pan.
- Place in freezer until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Cut cereal mixture in half crosswise.
- Spread one half with softened ice cream or frozen yogurt.
- Top with second half of Rice Krispie mixture to make one very large sandwich.
- Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Cut large sandwich into 2" portions (using ruler again).
- Wrap individually in foil paper or freezer wrap and store in freezer until needed.