Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A favorite for children and grown ups alike. A combination of corn syrup, peanut butter, and Rice Krispies with your choice of ice cream or yogurt sandwiched in between.Place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the cereal mixture and then press down with your hands if you wish to keep your hands clean. I keep a plastic quilt ruler with my baking supplies for measuring squares and pastry. From a magazine clipping. No baking required!
- In a medium bowl, stir together corn syrup and peanut butter.
- Add cereal and stir until well coated.
- Press mixture firmly and evenly into a buttered 9"x13" pan.
- Place in freezer until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Cut cereal mixture in half crosswise.
- Spread one half with softened ice cream or frozen yogurt.
- Top with second half of Rice Krispie mixture to make one very large sandwich.
- Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Cut large sandwich into 2" portions (using ruler again).
- Wrap individually in foil paper or freezer wrap and store in freezer until needed.
This is the best ice cream sandwich recipe I have ever tried so far!!! Did exactly what the recipe states and sandwiched a thick layer of Ben and Jerry Peach Ice Cream (#210584) in between. Turned out GREAT!!! The hardest part of making this was to flip one half of the rice krispie breading onto the ice cream without breaking it. I left the big sandwich in my freezer over night and cut them in the next morning. Wrapped each small one with foil and left in the freezer for future needs. Love them so much! Will make it again! Thank you for posting!
These were great! I had just made up some Camel Tracks Ice Cream and this went great with it! I did half a recipe and put it in a rectangular smaller container at first. I put the ice cream on half of it and cut the other half off and laid it on top, so I didn't get as many. Thanks, foodtvfan!
These were excellent!! I used 1 1/2 of the recipe to fill the bottom of a 10x10 pan and another 1 1/2 of the recipe to fill another 10x10 pan. I put both in the freezer for 15 minutes, spread the ice cream over the bottom layer, flipped the 2nd pan over the bottom layer, creating the giant sandwich. I covered them with foil and kept them in the freezer overnight and cut them the next morning. I wrapped each individually in wax paper for portability. Everyone loved them! Thanks for posting, these were a hit!