Recipe by CoffeeB
This always bring's back chilhood memories. It's an old time dessert that my mom made quite frequently. You may also use CornFlakes or RiceChex instead of the Krispies.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 8 ounces shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream or 1⁄2 gallon butter pecan ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all together. (omitting the icecream).
- Spread 1/2 the mixture in a buttered 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Slice icecream (softened) on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbs over the top.
- It's already quite sweet, but if you're so inclined, drizzle with a little of your favorite ice-cream topping. Butterscotch, caramel, or hotfudge all work.