Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This always bring's back chilhood memories. It's an old time dessert that my mom made quite frequently. You may also use CornFlakes or RiceChex instead of the Krispies.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 8 ounces shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream or 1⁄2 gallon butter pecan ice cream
- Mix all together. (omitting the icecream).
- Spread 1/2 the mixture in a buttered 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Slice icecream (softened) on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbs over the top.
- It's already quite sweet, but if you're so inclined, drizzle with a little of your favorite ice-cream topping. Butterscotch, caramel, or hotfudge all work.
I have been looking for this recipe for awhile. Remember eating this about 30 years ago and I loved it!
Delicous! I used vanilla ice cream. We found it to be sweet enough with all of the yummy toppings, so we did not add an additional drizzle. Thanks for sharing!