Claudia Dawn's Note:
I found this on the Rice Krispies webpage. I haven't made them yet, but plan to at Easter. Looks like a fun activity for kids.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean, then coat inside of plastic eggs with cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- 3Add Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal. Stir until well coated.
- 4Using greased hands, firmly press 1/4 cup of Rice Krispies® mixture into both halves of each plastic egg. Use fingers to make hollow center in each half. Remove from molds. Place on wax paper. Cool slightly.
- 5Place about 6 M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies in one half of each egg. Gently press two halves of each egg together until they stick. Cool completely.
- 6Decorate with frosting and additional M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies (if desired). Best if served the same day. Serving size is 1 egg.
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Krispies Easter Egg Treats With a Hidden Surprise
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.0
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 150.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 1.6 g