Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this on the Rice Krispies webpage. I haven't made them yet, but plan to at Easter. Looks like a fun activity for kids.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups kellogg's crisp rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy, Easter colored
- frosting (optional) or decorating gel (optional)
- plastic snap-apart easter egg, 12 (3 x 2-in)
- Clean, then coat inside of plastic eggs with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using greased hands, firmly press 1/4 cup of Rice Krispies® mixture into both halves of each plastic egg. Use fingers to make hollow center in each half. Remove from molds. Place on wax paper. Cool slightly.
- Place about 6 M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies in one half of each egg. Gently press two halves of each egg together until they stick. Cool completely.
- Decorate with frosting and additional M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies (if desired). Best if served the same day. Serving size is 1 egg.