Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
As many Cubans know, a "Colada" is an original Cuban coffee. Since my hubby is a big fan of Rice Krispy Treats and Colada, I decided to come up with a sweet and caffeinated way to keep him up all day long! (This recipe was adapted from Ham On The Street (H.O.T.S))
- 1 (16 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons ground coffee
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows to melted butter and stir with a spoon/spatula until they just begin to melt.
- Add in Pilon (or other Cuban coffee blend) coffee grounds.
- Mix until smooth, then remove from heat.
- Add in cereal and mix until cereal and marshmallow mix is evenly blended.
- Turn out mixture onto a greased baking dish.
- Coat hands with cooking spray and pack down Rice krispy Treats tightly into the baking dish.
- Cut into squares and ENJOY!