I made this for church fellowship gatherings and it was always the first to go. I have used various flavoured chips and it always turns out delicious.
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (it calls for a pinch)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- BOTTOM LAYER.
- In mixing bowl cream butter or margarine with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Mix together flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and chopped nuts.
- Stir into egg mixture until well combined.
- Spread mixture in bottom of greased 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes.
- MIDDLE LAYER.
- Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over bottom layer.
- Bake an additional 3 minutes.
- Let cool.
- TOP LAYER.
- In small saucepan combine chocolate chips and peanut butter.
- Cook over low heat stirring constantly until melted.
- Stir in cereal and spread evenly on top of COOLED marshmallow layer.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Cut into bars.